Students examine the processes required to undertake the creation and maintenance of a successful business enterprise, with an emphasis on small business, in this course. Students focus initially on startup basics for a new small business, followed by the details involved in the development of a business plan. Finally, the nuts and bolts of day-to-day business management are examined, with issues ranging from legal matters to employment decisions.
BUSI1002: Intro to Management
Have one of the following:
- High school diploma;
- GED Conferred; or
- Collegiate transcript including 12 or more credits completed as a degree-seeking student
Unofficial transcript(s) from institution(s) with accreditation recognized by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or US Department of Education. Unofficial transcripts must include the name of the institution, student name, grades earned, credits earned, degree earned (if applicable), course names/numbers and dates of attendance
Meet one of the following requirements:
- 21 years of age or older;
- Concurrently enrolled at another higher education institution;
- Active military or veteran; or
- Completion of 60 quarter credits from an accredited US higher education institution.