Are you an aspiring manager or team leader looking to build a more successful team? Contemporary business environments are increasingly competitive, global, fast paced, and knowledge intensive. In these environments, effective use of human capital is vital to an enterprise’s success and survival. In this learning path, you will discover practical issues related to developing individuals and managing collaboration and will examine the skills and strategies necessary to address them effectively. You will explore implications of managing a high-performing team including issues that arise from cross-cultural differences and virtual work settings. The importance of communication as a tool to manage internal and external relationships is emphasized as it relates to the effectiveness of managing people to achieve organizational goals.
Walden University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider Unit P0469.
Criteria for Obtaining Contact Hours
This nursing continuing professional development course consists of seven micro-courses with content that includes overviews and descriptions, engagement activities, resources, and seven assessments. Please note ePortfolio activities are optional material. Within 180 days of the course purchase date, follow these steps to claim nursing contact hours:
- Complete all content in each micro-course,
- Achieve 80% or higher for each assessment,
- Complete the end of course evaluation, and
- Download and print or save your contact hour certificate.
The planners and authors of this nursing continuing professional development activity disclose no relevant financial relationships.
While professional development activities offered by an American Nurses Credentialing Center Provider Unit typically satisfy the requirements of most states, Walden University recommends that participants ensure that the content offered meets their individual requirements. To the extent that contact hours must be approved within one’s state of residence or licensure, participants should check with their state board of nursing before enrolling in any professional development activity. The state board of nursing determines the number and type of contact hours that can be claimed for professional development activities.
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will:
- Evaluate the role of managers in creating and maintaining a positive, ethical organizational culture.
- Assess the role of managers in creating positivity in the workplace and in supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Explore how managers improve employee motivation and employee engagement.
- Discover managerial strategies to build and manage effective teams and to ensure effective performance feedback and communication.
You will have seven days to request a full refund after purchase. No hidden fees. All books and materials are included with purchase.