As an educator, recognizing and understanding trauma is crucial to delivering appropriate and meaningful educational experiences. Learners with past or current trauma can find it interferes with their ability to learn. In this micro-course, you will explore ways to recognize trauma in the classroom. You will also learn how to develop strategies to meet the unique learner needs of individuals coping with trauma.
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Define and recognize events considered trauma in the lives of students.
- Understand and articulate why trauma can be a powerful force in any learning environment.
- Identify ways trauma may manifest in learning environments.
- Analyze personal interactions with trauma.
- Develop one or more strategies for meeting learner needs when they have experienced, or are experiencing trauma.
You will have 24 hours, or until you receive your completion certificate, to request a full refund after purchase, whichever comes first. No hidden fees. All books and materials are included with purchase.