Students in this course learn a solid foundation in key algebra skills. Students gain a thorough understanding of algebra concepts through the iterative process of working through a range of problems, including solving and graphing linear, quadratic, and polynomial functions; composing and inverting functions; analyzing rational and radical functions; modeling exponential and logarithmic data; and solving systems of equations and inequalities. Through individual lab work, collaborative activities, and discussions, students in this course cultivate perspectives and analytical skills required for efficient use, appreciation, and understanding of algebraic concepts.
Have one of the following:
- High school diploma;
- GED Conferred; or
- Collegiate transcript including 12 or more credits completed as a degree-seeking student
Unofficial transcript(s) from institution(s) with accreditation recognized by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or US Department of Education. Unofficial transcripts must include the name of the institution, student name, grades earned, credits earned, degree earned (if applicable), course names/numbers and dates of attendance
Meet one of the following requirements:
- 21 years of age or older;
- Concurrently enrolled at another higher education institution;
- Active military or veteran; or
- Completion of 60 quarter credits from an accredited US higher education institution.