The importance of data science cuts across nearly all major industries and companies. In this course, students explore the scope and multidisciplinary nature of data science with a focus on solving problems using data from across disciplines. Students will see how tools like Watson Analytics can be used to discover patterns and meaning in data. They consider ethical considerations related to data science applications, develop a questioning mindset, and explore a data science framework that can be applied to any industry, business, or organization.
Have one of the following:
- High school diploma;
- GED Conferred; or
- Collegiate transcript including 12 or more credits completed as a degree-seeking student
Unofficial transcript(s) from institution(s) with accreditation recognized by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or US Department of Education. Unofficial transcripts must include the name of the institution, student name, grades earned, credits earned, degree earned (if applicable), course names/numbers and dates of attendance
Meet one of the following requirements:
- 21 years of age or older;
- Concurrently enrolled at another higher education institution;
- Active military or veteran; or
- Completion of 60 quarter credits from an accredited US higher education institution.