Medication errors are a serious issue in hospitals and other healthcare settings. This course introduces Registered Nurses (RN), Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN), and Nurse educators how to incorporate in their respective practice roles the coaching model of OSCAR to ensure medication safety.
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Describe how the OSCAR coaching model can be used in the clinical practice of medication administration.
- Explain the statistics of errors when using the standard six patient rights of medication administration .
- Apply OSCAR using an exemplar case study on medication safety with sickle cell anemia.
Walden University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider Unit P0469.
Criteria for Obtaining Contact Hours
This nursing continuing professional development course offers content that includes overviews and descriptions, engagement activities, resources, and a final assessment. Within 180 days of the course purchase date, follow these steps to claim nursing contact hours:
- Complete all content in the micro-course,
- Achieve 80% or higher for the final assessment,
- Complete the end of course evaluation, and
- Download and print or save your contact hour certificate.
The planners and authors of this nursing continuing professional development activity disclose no relevant financial relationships.
While professional development activities offered by an American Nurses Credentialing Center Provider Unit typically satisfy the requirements of most states, Walden University recommends that participants ensure that the content offered meets their individual requirements. To the extent that contact hours must be approved within one’s state of residence or licensure, participants should check with their state board of nursing before enrolling in any professional development activity. The state board of nursing determines the number and type of contact hours that can be claimed for professional development activities.
You will have 24 hours, or until you receive your completion certificate, to request a full refund after purchase, whichever comes first. No hidden fees. All books and materials are included with purchase.