Effective interpersonal skills are in high demand with employers, necessary for productivity, and improve individuals' quality of life. Students in this course examine practical concepts and soft skills for personal and professional success. Students explore and discuss listening, verbal communication, nonverbal communication, communication styles, culture, giving and receiving feedback, and interaction in a variety of modalities. Using insights gained from their weekly assignments, students engage in a final project through which they can earn an interpersonal soft skills certificate.
Have one of the following:
- High school diploma;
- GED Conferred; or
- Collegiate transcript including 12 or more credits completed as a degree-seeking student
Unofficial transcript(s) from institution(s) with accreditation recognized by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or US Department of Education. Unofficial transcripts must include the name of the institution, student name, grades earned, credits earned, degree earned (if applicable), course names/numbers and dates of attendance
Meet one of the following requirements:
- 21 years of age or older;
- Concurrently enrolled at another higher education institution;
- Active military or veteran; or
- Completion of 60 quarter credits from an accredited US higher education institution.