Project management is no longer just a way to work. It is a strategic business model for realizing organizational goals. In Project Management for Healthcare Settings, you will examine this strategic nature of project management and how it applies to the management of projects in healthcare environments, where the dynamic landscape calls for healthcare organizations and institutions to continually find ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations while positively impacting health outcomes.
You will explore fundamental concepts of project management such as project life cycles; project management methodologies; and the management of project scope, schedules, costs, and risks. You will view each of these topics through the lens of a project manager for healthcare projects, which have unique characteristics that warrant specific approaches. No project management experience is necessary. Instead, your curiosity about how to effectively lead project endeavors will help you learn to apply general project management concepts to healthcare project practice.
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will:
- Evaluate project management and its role in healthcare environments.
- Analyze the role and purpose of project management approaches and methodologies.
- Determine approaches to maximizing value of healthcare projects.
- Create vital project support documents such as project charters, project scopes, and risk registers.
- Analyze the nature and types of project risks, including risks unique to projects in healthcare settings.
- Determine best approaches to project performance assessment.
Walden University College of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider Unit P0469.
Criteria for Obtaining Contact Hours
This nursing continuing professional development course consists of content that includes overviews and descriptions, engagement activities, resources, and seven assessments. Please note ePortfolio activities are optional material. Within 180 days of the course purchase date, follow these steps to claim nursing contact hours:
- Complete all content in each micro-course,
- Achieve 80% or higher for each assessment,
- Complete the end of course evaluation, and
- Download and print or save your contact hour certificate.
The planners and authors of this nursing continuing professional development activity disclose no relevant financial relationships.
While professional development activities offered by an American Nurses Credentialing Center Provider Unit typically satisfy the requirements of most states, Walden University recommends that participants ensure that the content offered meets their individual requirements. To the extent that contact hours must be approved within one’s state of residence or licensure, participants should check with their state board of nursing before enrolling in any professional development activity. The state board of nursing determines the number and type of contact hours that can be claimed for professional development activities.
You will have seven days to request a full refund after purchase. No hidden fees. All books and materials are included with purchase.